Thick And Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love these cookies, probably my favorite.
The best thing about this recipe is you melt the butter. Not having to wait for the butter to soften is a wonderful thing for I'm an impatient person!
- 2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons (10 2/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed (7 ounces) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
In a separate bowl beat the cooled melted butter and the sugars until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips.
Use a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons)...I love mine from Pampered Chef and scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)