Black and White bean and Quinoa salad
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) quinoa
- 1 (19 oz/540 mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 oz/540 mL) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook quinoa until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse.
In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
Add quinoa, black beans, navy beans, cucumber, onion, jalapeño pepper and coriander; toss to combine.