Creamy Mushroom and Tomato Pasta
Syn free pasta dish
- 198 g/7oz closed cup mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Fry Light
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 340 g/12oz dried pasta shapes
- 2-3 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 6 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 150 g pot fat-free natural fromage frais
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the sauce: slice the mushrooms; crush the garlic; finely chop the onion. Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the mushrooms, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and onions and fry for 2-3 minutes. Pour over the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes.
2. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
3. Stir the sweetener, basil and fromage frais into the sauce, season well and remove from the heat. Add the mushroom and tomato sauce to the pasta, toss together and serve.
Tip: This recipe is suitable for home freezing.