Berry Delicious BBQ Ribs
- 4-5 lbs baby back ribs (beef or pork)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced in large pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, bruised
- salt and pepper
- 2 bottles of beer (optional)
- Berry Delicious BBQ Sauce
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 T. apple cidar vinegar
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. green chili powder
- 2-4 T. chili sauce (depending on desired heat level)
- 4 shallots
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 T. agave nectar (or honey)
Fill a large pot half way full of water. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Then add ribs. Fill the pot to cover the ribs first with the beer (if using) then with water if needed.
Bring to a boil and then cover the bot and reduce heat to low. Let cook for about 20 minutes.
Mix all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Place the ribs in a slow cooker with the sauce (reserving a cup of sauce for grilling) and cook on low heat (about 275 to 300 F) for 2 hours. Remove from cooker and cook on the grill for 5 to 10 minutes on each side basting as you go.