Marinated Ribeye Steak
- 8 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Anaheim Chiles, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 (1 1/4 inch thick) Boneless Ribeye (about 1 lb)
- Salt and coarsely ground Black Pepper
Stir together the garlic, chiles, oregano and oil in a medium baking dish. Add the steaks and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
Heat grill to high. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling to take the chill of it. Remove from the marinade and season liberally on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak on both sides until golden brown and slightly charred and cooked to medium-rare (130 degrees on an instant-read thermometer) – about 9 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest, loosely tented with foil, for 10 minutes. Slice into ¼-inch thick slices.