Thai Rice Noodles with Chicken
Really healthy thai noodle recipe.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces rice noodles (prefer 1/2 inch thick, dried variety)
- 1 tbsp Splenda/brown sugar blend
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp (cube) frozen red chilli
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced lemongrass (tough outer stalks removed)
Combine 2 tbsp lime juice and chicken in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
Soak noodles in hot water 15 minutes or until somewhat soft but still slightly chewy. Drain well.
Combine remaining juice, sugar and next 4 ingredients. Add 1/8 tsp salt.
Heat large wok over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Remove chicken from juice, discard juice. Add chicken to pan and stir-fry 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp salt.
Add onions, ginger and garlic to wok and stir-fry 1 minute. Add noodles, cook 30 seconds, tossing well. Stir in sugar mixture and chicken. Cook 30 more seconds.
Serve on plates and top with basil and lemongrass.