Italian Penne Bake
- 3 cups dried penne
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup quartered, thinly sliced onion
- 2 med green or red sweet peppers cut into thin bite-size strips
- 6 oz sliced pepperoni, cut up
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or veg oil
- 3 cups marinara pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
Lightly coat 3 quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set dish aside.
Cook pasta according to directions; drain well.
Return pasta to saucepan
Meanwhile in large skillet cook mushrooms, onion, sweet peppers, pepperoni and garlic in hot oil for 3 min
Add vegetable mixture and marinara sauce to pasta; toss to coat.
Spread pasta mixtue evenly in prepared baking dish
Bake covered, 350 oven about 25 min or until heated through
Uncover and sprinkle with cheese
Bake uncovered abut 5 min until cheese melted