HG's Buffalicious Shrimp
- 2 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- Dash each salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
- 8 oz. raw large shrimp (about 14 shrimp), peeled, tails removed, and deveined
- 2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- Dash garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
To make the coating for the shrimp, combine flour with spices in a sealable plastic bag or container. Seal and shake to mix. Transfer to a plate, evenly spreading out the seasoned flour, and set aside.
Make sure shrimp are as dry as possible. (Blot with paper towels to soak up moisture.) Transfer to a bowl, top with egg substitute, and gently toss to coat.
One at a time, gently shake shrimp to remove excess egg substitute and then transfer to the seasoned flour. Flip to evenly coat with flour and place on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
Lightly mist shrimp with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until cooked through and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes, carefully flipping shrimp about halfway through baking.
To make the sauce, combine hot sauce, butter, and garlic powder in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1 tbsp. water and mix well. Set aside.
Once shrimp are cooked, carefully transfer shrimp to another bowl and set aside.
Microwave sauce for 30 seconds, or until hot. Stir until smooth. Add sauce to the bowl of shrimp, and toss to coat. Enjoy!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 7 shrimp)
PointsPlus® value 4*