Cold Carrot Salad with Vinaigrette
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh carrots
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Peel the carrots and cut off the tops.
2. Cut the carrots into small cubes about 1/4" thick.
3. Wash the carrots and drain them.
4. Place the carrots in a pot, cover them with cold water, and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the carrots about 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
6. Drain the carrots, then immediately cover them with cold water to stop further cooking.
7. Allow the carrots to sit in the water for a minute, then drain again.
8. When the carrots have cooled completely, mix them in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Toss gently to mix, cover tightly, and refrigerate at least an hour or overnight.
10. Prior to serving, taste the salad and adjust the seasoning if desired.