BBQ Chicken Pizza with Alabama White Sauce
- White Barbecue Pizza Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces pizza dough
- 1/2 cup grilled chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup Conecuh hot and spicy sausage, cut in 1/4 inch slices*
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Place the pizza stone on the grill and close the lid. Preheat the grill to 700 degrees.
Sauté the onions and garlic in butter over medium heat for approximately 1 minute, or until the onions turn slightly translucent. Remove from heat and add vinegar and sugar. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and pour it into a small mixing bowl. Add the parmesan cheese and mix well. Add the remaining white sauce ingredients and blend together.
Roll pizza dough to a 16 inch diameter circle and spread the pizza sauce over dough evenly. Top pizza with diced grilled chicken and slices of sausage. Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza.
Cook for 6 minutes, or until the crust is brown and crisp. Remove the pizza from the grill, cut, and serve.