- 1 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin or boneless top loin steak, about 1/2" thick
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
1) Cut beef across grain into 1 1/2 x 1/2" strips.
2) Melt margarine in 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in margarine, stirring occasionally, until brown.
3) Reserve 1/3 cup of broth. Stir remaining broth, ketchup, salt & garlic into skillet.
4) Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Cover & simmer 10 minutes or until beef is tender.
5) Stir in mushrooms and onion. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
6) Shake reserved broth and flour in tightly sealed container. Gradually stir into beef mixture.
7) Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil & stir 1 minute, reduce heat to low.
8) Stir in sour cream, cook until hot. Serve over noodles.