Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs potatoes (about 9 medium) peeled and cubed
- 1 pkg (8-oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup (4-oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings.
2. In a small skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
3. Transfer potato mixture to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, onions and bacon Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutrds or until heated through.