Retro Spinach Dip and Pumpernickel Spears
- 2 cups pumpernickel bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 6 heads endive, leaves separated
Using a food processor, grind the bread into coarse crumbs. In a small nonstick skillet, toast the crumbs with the olive oil over medium-low heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. Let cool.
In the food processor, pulse the spinach, scallions, mayonnaise and sour cream until almost smooth; season with salt and pepper.
To serve, spoon the spinach mixture onto the endive spears and top with the toasted breadcrumbs.
You'll also love
- hidden valley bacon and cheddar dip 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PC Deep Covered Baker Garlic... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Teleme Cheese Risotto with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Trinidadian Salara Coconut Rolls 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Peach Brandy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Grilled Chicken,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Snapper over Sauteed Spinach... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pears a la Creme 0/5 (0 Votes)