- Beef Topping
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Dressing and Salad
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, trimmed, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 each sweet red and green pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup tortilla strips (such as Ortega)
1. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Drain off excess fat. Add chili and garlic powders and cook 1 minute. Stir in beans; heat through, about 2 minutes.
Dressing and Salad
2. In a small bowl, whisk mayo, milk, lime juice and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, pepper strips and cherry tomatoes with dressing. Top with beef mixture, shredded cheddar and tortilla strips.