Tortellini and Mushroom Soup
From Costco Healthy Living Magazine
- 2 ox dried porchini mushrooms
- Hot water
- 8 oz fresh whitw mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbs finely chopped shallots or green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon or thyme
- 2 can beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry - optional
- 1 9oz package fresh tomato and cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
Place dried mushrooms in a bowl, pour hot water over it. Let stand for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
Slice mushrooms, discarding tough parts.
Saute dried and white mushrooms, shallots, garlic and herbs in a lightly oiled saucepan.
Add broth and sherry and heat to boiling.
Add tortellini, salt and pepper.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until tortellini are al dente, about 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.