Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Super easy and super tasty Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli. Never pay for take out again because this is better (and you know what is actually going into it) ... way better! It made a TON of sauce. But really, who doesn't love sauce. Next time though, I would probably half the sauce recipe (the recipe below is the whole sauce recipe).
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
Adapted from bsrecipe.blogspot.com
Place beef in a crock pot.
In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
In a cup, stir cornstarch and about 2 tablespoons of sauce from the slow cooker, until smooth. Add to slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
Add broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high, the sauce has to boil for it to thicken.
Serve over hot rice.
You'll also love
- Italian Appetizer Bread 4.5/5 (144 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Paleo Comfort Foods' Chicken... 4.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Ravioli Bake 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus and Fresh Herb... 4.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Strawberry Sorbet 4.6/5 (142 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Enchiladas 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks 4.4/5 (153 Votes)