ORIENTAL EXPRESS BEEF LETTUCE WRAP
A category runner-up winner in the 2001 National Beef Cook-Off.
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Asian peanut sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads) or iceberg, or or romaine lettuce
- Fresh mint leaves
Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in hoisin sauce and peanut sauce; heat through.
Just before serving, add cucumber and torn mint; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve beef mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with mint leaves.
You'll also love
- Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Wild Rice & Shrimp Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Truffled Gnocchi with Peas and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Tips on Rice 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Pasta with Spinach, Ricotta... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)