Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles
"Homemade" yes, We will be rolling out the egg noodles.... it's fun!
- 6 c Water
- 4-6 pieces of chicken (bone in - I prefer dark meat)
- 1 Tbls. Fresh Garlic (optional)
- 2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Flour for rolling
- 3 Eggs slightly room temp
- 3 Tbls. Butter slightly room temp
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- 1 c frozen corn (optional)
- 1/2 c Italian Dressing (optional)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Bring water to a boil, add Chicken w/skin. Add freash garlic and let boil low until Chicken is done. Remove Chicken from broth and set aside to cool to the touch, keep broth.
When Chicken is cool to the touch, debone in bite size pieces. Discard the skin and bones. Set Chicken in fridge while you prepare your noodles.
Mix flour and salt. Make a hole in the center of flour and add eggs and butter. Mix well, using your hands. Dough will be stiff but should not be sticky, if sticky roll the dough in a little flour and mix.
With your hands, flatten dough evenly and place on floured conter. Roll out dough, you want it to be thin, it will shrink back up so try to get it as thin as possible.
Now roll into a jelly roll. Cut in narrow strips. Unroll each roll and break into 2-3" pieces, this is where I continue to flatten them if they seem to have shrunk. After all of them are in pieces, gently mix them around in the flour on the counter, seperate them and let them sit to dry a bit.
Broth: you only need about 2 cups. If you have more either freeze it or pour it out, but wait until after the meal is complete, you may need it at the end. If you have less, add water and maybe a Chicken Bouillon for flavor.
Bring Broth to a boil. Slowly drop noodles into broth, mix and drop. When you are almost done adding noodles turn the fire to med. low. Continue stirring. Add Corn and Italian Dressing. Cover and let simmer on low for 8 minutes. Don't let it stick to the bottom.
My family likes the broth thick, some like it soupy. To thicken it I take some of the hot broth and add corn starch and a tad of water. Mix it well and slowly re-add it to the noodles. Let it simmer uncovered another 4-5 mins. Taste - you may need to add Salt and Pepper to your taste. If too thick you can add a little more water and or Bouillon or left over broth. Enjoy.
You'll also love
- Wild Rice & Shrimp Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Truffled Gnocchi with Peas and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ziti with Creamy Walnut Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Asian Chicken and Rice Noodle... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- OVEN FRIED SWISS CHEESE CHICKEN... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)