Pioneer Woman Cookie Spread
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1 C (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla
- 6 - 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 8 ounces, but I think 6 ounces would be fine)
- for topping use any: chopped candy bars, sprinkles, m&m's, mini-marshmallows or heath bar bits
Adapted from foodlibrarian.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place parchment paper on a half-sheet or quarter-sheet pan.
3a. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
3b. With an electric mixer and paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and blend together, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the vanilla and blend.
6. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour and salt and blend until just combined.
7. With an offset spatula, spread dough on the baking pan to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Don't spread it the edges of the pan.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
9. Pull out of the oven (leave the oven on) and sprinkle the chocolate chips on the cookie.
10. Return to the oven and for 1 minute. Remove and spread the chips over the top with the offset spatula.
11. Spread your selected toppings on top.
12. Let cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!