Mexican Chocolate Cake
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 pkg. devil's food cake mix
- 6 oz. miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 2 tsps. Cinnamon, divided
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- This recipe is from Pampered Chef and requires the use of their fluted stoneware pan.
1. Lightly spray/coat fluted stoneware pan with vegetable oil.
2. Chop almonds.
3. Whisk eggs and sour cream together until smooth.
4. Add cake mix, almonds, 1/2 of the chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 tsps. of cinnamon.
5. Mix well until batter is smooth.
6. Spoon batter into pan evenly.
7. Microwave on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cake will be moist on top near center.
8. Remove pan to rack to cool. Let stand 10 minutes.
9. Invert cake onto platter. Let cool 20 minutes.
10. Combine sugar, remaining cinnamon, sprinkle over cake.
11. Place remaining chocolate chips and half of the whipped topping in a bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth.
12. Drizzle glaze over cake.
13. Garnish cake with remaining whipped topping.