Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushroom & Basil
Fresh-tastin whole-wheat pasta recipe. Lemon zest accents the basil beautifully. Don't forget to use whole-wheat pasta.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 8 oz. whole-wheat fetticcine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over low heat.
Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not
browned, about 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high;
cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly
browned, 4-5 minutes.
Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until
just tender, 9-11 minutes or according to package
directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
4. Add the pasta, the reserved cooking liquid,
parmesan and 1/4 cup basil to the mushrooms in the
skillet; toss to coat well. Serve immediately,
garnished with remaing basil.
You'll also love
- PC Deep Covered Baker Pork Chops... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Artichoke Cheese Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lime Glazed Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach and Ham Pasta Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemony Shrimp Scampi Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Linguine Pesto Cream Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Swiss Mushroom Orzo 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jambalaya Seafood Fettucini 5/5 (1 Votes)