Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
From Sammy's Woodfired Pizza
- 8 oz. chicken breast, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, quarted, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, seeded, minced
- 2 tbsp. tequila
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cilanto leaves (divided use)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 12 oz. cooked spinach fettuccine
In a bowl, mix diced chicken with olive oil and minced garlic. Heat a large, heavy saute pan. Add butter and melt. Add the diced garlic chicken, stirring occasionally until well-browned on all sides. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeno. Continue cooking until vegetables soften.
Add tequila, soy cause and chicken broth. Cook, reducing the mixture until there is just a little liquid left. Add the heavy cream, 2 tbsp. of the cilantro and the lime juice. Cook until sauce thickens.
Add the cooked and well-drained spinach fettuccine to the cream mixture. Toss until pasta is hot and well-coated. Divide pasta into 2 large bowls and top with remaining cilantro.