Creamy Chicken Lasagna
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans cream chicken soup
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded Colby-jack or cheddar-jack cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, cook chicken in olive oil and butter until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and keep warm.
3. Add garlic to pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add cream soup, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and chicken broth to the pan. Stir until ingredients melt and thicken slightly. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and continue to stir. Turn heat down and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Spread a thin layer of sauce in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer noodles (I used about 4 per layer), then cream sauce with chicken, then cheese (about 1 cup per layer). Continue to repeat until your pan is full, ending with cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.