Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe 1
Pumpkin cupcake recipe with optional cream cheese frosting.
- Cup Cakes:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin.
Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full.
Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Frost with cream cheese frosting, whipped cream, or leave plain. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; beat well until smooth. Makes enough cream cheese frosting for a 2-layer cake.