Coconut Cream Cheese Sheet Cake
- 1 c butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( i used 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 1/4 c cake or all purpose flour
- 1/4 c coconut milk or cream of coconut ( optional )
- FROSTING - I DOUBLE THIS
- 1/4 c butter,softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or coconut extract is good as well
- 1 1/2 c confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 c coconut
- can add a few tablespoons milk, cream or coconut milk ( i don't , as i like a thick frosting on the cake )
- THIS CAKE IS DENSE & IS NOT MISSING BAKING POWDER OR SODA...THE EGGS ARE THE LEAVENING AGENT
Adapted from Facebook.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, vanilla and then mix in flour.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack
5. Frosting: Beat together butter, cheese, vanilla and add sugar. Mix until well blended.
6. You can now toast coconut. I toast mine in a lighty sprayed skillet and keep tossing until golden. You can also place coconut on a baking sheet and toast in oven, turning frequently so not to burn.
7. I then gently remove the cake from the pan; and cut the cooled cake into 24 squares, and top with frosting and coconut. You can leave cake in pan and frost. I did it my way for presentation... Note: Best kept refrigerated. Enjoy!