Super Duper Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats •1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries and apricots
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups chopped fresh nectarines and plums, as topping
- Honey (1 Tbsp. per serving)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Heat oven to 200° F. Combine flours, oats, dried cranberries and apricots, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and milk; stir in the cooked oatmeal until just incorporated. Mix oatmeal with dry ingredients, stirring gently; don’t over mix. Consistency should be that of thick pancake batter; if needed, add more milk or whole-wheat flour, a little at a time, as needed.
3. Put a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When a few drops of water skid across the surface, add a very thin film of oil and let it become hot. Spoon out the batter, to make desired size pancakes.
4. Cook until bubbles form on the top, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip over pancakes and cook until they’re browned on each side, 2-3 minutes more. As they finish, put them on a plate and hold in the oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
5. Serve with fresh fruit and honey.