Tomato Alfredo Sauce with Artichokes
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Chop artichoke hearts and place in large skillet with juice. Thicken with flour and milk to desired consistency.
2. Add onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, and basil. Cook for a short time, leaving vegetables firm and tasty and pretty.
3. Cook up a batch of your favorite spaghetti noodles (e.g., angel hair or spaghettini). Rinse. Toss artichoke sauce on top of cooked pasta.