- 2 (1 pound 12-ounce) tins or 3 pounds fresh egg-shaped tomatoes, skinned, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 small tin anchovies in oil, drained
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- 10 black olive halves
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, finely sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
1. Oil a baking sheet and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Place the dough onto the baking sheet, spreading it out to form 12 inch diameter round shape. The edge should be a little thicker than the center.
3. Garnish with tomatoes, capers, anchovies, mozzarella cheese, black olive halves, oregano leaves, garlic and pepper.
4. Sprinkle with oil and place into the oven for 20 minutes. Place on serving dish.