Cream of Celery root Soup with Pears and blue Cheese
- 1 1/2 lb celery root, peeled and chopped
- 2 fres Bartlett or Bosc pears, cored and chopped, plue more for garnish
- 4 TBS minced fresh chives
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 oz. blue cheese, at room temperature, crumbled
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place celery root, chives and chicken broth in a large pot over medium to high heat and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer until the celery root is tender, about 15 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Carefully transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
To serve, pour the hot soup into bowls and garnish with the crumbled blue cheese and chopped pears.