Summer Tomato, Onion & Cucumber Salad
Makes: 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono);
0 mg cholesterol;
8 g carbohydrate;
1 g added sugars;
1 g protein; 2 g fiber;
202 mg sodium;
264 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or more to taste
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 TBLESP coarsely chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives and/or tarragon
Adapted from shine.yahoo.com
1. Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a large shallow bowl.
2. Remove alternating stripes of peel from the cucumbers. Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds. Add the cucumber slices, tomatoes and onion to the dressing; gently toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
3. Just before serving, add herbs and toss again.
You'll also love
- Chicken Penne Primavera 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon, Mushroom, Shrimp and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apricot Unside-down Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato and Country Ham Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BBQ Shrimp Pizza with Onions,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Herb Stuffed Tomatoes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Onion Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cucumber and Black-Eyed Pea Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)