Peanut Chicken Satay
Why go out for Thai when you can make it at home? This delicious Thai-style chicken satay recipe calls for chicken marinated in a peanut, soy and citrus sauce. Perfect for a party.
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 7 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets – diced
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 140mins
1. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot sauce. Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours; overnight is best.
2. Preheat barbecue to high heat.
3. Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers, then cook for 5 minutes per side.
No barbecue? Make these chicken skewers under the grill.