Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Oven Temp: 350
- 1 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) butter or margarine , softened
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cup(s) (1 16-ounce jar) applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) dark seedless raisins
- 1 cup(s) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 16 pecan halves for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-inch Bundt pan.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat brown sugar, margarine or butter, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until light and fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low; add flour, applesauce, and eggs; beat until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 minute. With spoon, stir in raisins and chopped pecans.
3. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
4. Prepare glaze: In small bowl, with spoon, mix confectioners' sugar and 3 to 4 teaspoons water until smooth and of an easy spreading consistency, adding more water, if necessary. Spoon glaze over cake. Garnish with pecan halves.