I like to serve this with Chicken-Fried Chicken and Tomato Gravy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 ounces chicken livers, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups RiceSelect Royal Blend
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add sausages and chicken livers. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Add onion, sweet red pepper, celery and garlic. Cook 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add rice, water, salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered on medium-low 20-24 minutes or until tender.
5. Garnish with chopped scallions (optional).