- 5 medium red or orange bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 jar (25 oz) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
1. Cut off tops of peppers. Clean out completely and discard seeds. Place peppers upright in a 4 - 6 quart cooker.
2. Combine turkey, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic, and salt. Stir in rice. Spoon into peppers.
3. Pour most of marinara sauce over peppers. Add water to remaning sauce in jar. Cover jar and shake. Pour over peppers.
4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high heat setting for 4 hours.
5. Transfer peppers to serving plates. Spoon sauce over top. Let stand for 5 mins.