Barilla Classic Lasagna
Barilla Classic lasagna with layers of ricotta cheese, sausage and or beef, Parmigiano cheese and lasagna noodles with marinara sauce makes a hearty family favorite.
- 1 box (9-ounce) Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (15-ounce) ricotta cheese
- 4 cups (16-ounce) Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (2-ounce) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound Italian sausage or ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) Barilla Marinara Sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat over to 375°F.
Spray baking pan 9X13" pan with no-stick cooking spray.
Remove 16 lasagna noodles from box. DO NOT BOIL. Set aside.
In medium bow, beat eggs. Stir in ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella and Parmesan.
Layer lasagna, slightly overlapping sheets. Lasagna will expand to edges during cooking. Spread fillings to edges to seal in and cook lasagna during baking.
Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of baking pan.
Layer 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 ricotta mixture, half of browned meat, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1 cup sauce.
Layer 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 ricotta mixture and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
Layer 4 uncooked noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, browned meat, and 1 cup sauce.
Layer 4 uncooked noodles, and remaining sauce.
Bake, covered with foil until bubbly, 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover. Add remaining 1 cup mozzarella and continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.