Festive Chicken Salad
- 8-1/4-oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 8 oz/ contained soft cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery slices
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Combine reserved liquid and cream cheese, mixing until well blended.
Add pineapple, chicken, water chestnuts, celery, 1/4 cup almonds, onions, salt and pepper; mix lightly. Chill
Cut each tomato into 6 wedges, almost to stem end. Fill with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Serve on lettuce-lined plates.