Two-Toned Biscotti with Pistachios and Chocolate Raisins
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered raisins
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets.
2. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add baking powder and salt; beat until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour, beating until well blended.
3. Divide dough in half. Stir nuts and cocoa into 1 portion of dough. Stir raisins and nutmeg into remaining dough. Divide each dough mixture in half.
4. Pat 1 portion chocolate dough into 8 X 6 inch rectangle. Wrap chocolate dough around log, flattening slightly; place on prepared cookie sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Bake 40 to 50 mins or until logs sound slightly hollow when tapped. Cool on cookie sheets 15r to 20 mins or until warm but not hot. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
6. Cut warm logs diagonally into 3/4 inch slices with sharp serrated knife. Place cut side down on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake 7 to 8 mins. Turn slices over, bake 7 to 8 mins or until crisp.