Loaded Baked Potato And Chicken Casserole
- 3 - 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- (about 1.5 lbs. or 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced (green parts only for low-FODMAP/low-fructose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan or casserole dish.
Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by the remaining bacon, another 1/2 cup cheese, remaining green onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour heavy cream over top of casserole and then dot with the butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted. Serve.