Shrimp with Pesto Cream Sauce
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 gtsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente, drain
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cream, slat and pepper. Cook 6 -8 minutes, stirring constantly
3. Add Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Add pesto and blend into cream sauce. Cook sauce for 3-5 minutes, until thickened
4.Stir in shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
5.Toss pasta into cream sauce and serve with bread and salad.