Best Banana Bread
comes highly recommended....though can't vouch for that
- Best Banana Bread Ever
- 1 lb peeled, very ripe bananas
- 9 1/2 oz sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 1/4 oz melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 7 1/2 oz AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 conv.). Butter loaf pans and line with parchment. Set aside.
- Rub the vanilla bean seeds into the sugar to make a vanilla sugar. Beat bananas and sugar well with paddle, then add the butter slowly.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the dry ingredients and then add.
- Spoon into the prepared cake pans and bake until the cakes spring back when touched lightly in the center. Cool before removing from the pan.