Bacon Meatballs with Mango Honey Mustard Sauce
- For the balls:
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (or any other ground meat you see fit)
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the dipping sauce:
- 1 mango, peeled and cut away from seed inside
- 2-3 tablespoons ground old fashioned mustard (in the jar)
- 1-2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- dash of chili powder
- salt, to taste
Adapted from paleomg.com
For the balls:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put a large skillet over medium heat and add your diced bacon to it.
3. Once bacon has rendered some fat in the pan, add your onions. Mix together and poke at it randomly to make sure the bacon and onions don’t burn. Once bacon is cook through, add the bacon and onions to a plate with a paper towel on it to cool and soak up some excess fat.
4. Now add your ground beef to a large bowl, then add your cooled bacon and onions, along with egg, almond flour, and seasonings.
5. Use your hands to mix all that goodness up thoroughly.
6. Now roll into little bite size balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for around 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.
For the dipping sauce:
1. While your meatballs are baking, time to make your sauce.
2. Add your peeled and sliced mango to a food processor and puree until your have a sauce.
3. Now add your ground mustard, yellow mustard, and honey to it and puree it all together.
4. Taste to see if you want it sweeter or more tangy and add extra honey or mustard as needed.
5. Add spices and salt and puree one more time.
6. Place some toothpicks in your meatballs and let guests dip away!
You'll also love
- New Tuna Casserole 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Stir-Fry with carrots and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Pie with Crumble Topping 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon & Sausage Cheesy Breakfast... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Ribs in Mango Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vitamix - Peach Mango Smoothie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)