Strichetti Pasta with Prosciutto
This recipe was on The Chew on January 17 and is delicious. I tried it and instead of making my own pasta I used Fresh Flat Lasagna Noodles. Roll it out very thin then shape it into the Strichetti. So much easier than making your own pasta
- Thinly rolled out fresh lasagne noodles, cut then into 2/1/2 inch rectangles then pinched in the middle to form bow ties.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Fresh Shallots thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Ounces of Prosciutto Di Parma Sliced
- Parmigano Reggiano for garnish
- l bunch Fresh Arugula roughly chopped stems discarded
Drop the "bow ties" into boiling salted water and cook 1-2 minutes or till al dente. Save some of the pasta water.
In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and sauté the garlic and shallots for 2-3 minutes until pale golden but not crispy. Add salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto and and cook until slightly crisp. (That's how I like my prosciutto if it is in a pasta dish)
Add the cooked Strichetti to the skillet and toss together adding a little water as necessary to loosen the sauce. Top with the fresh chopped arugula (don't cook the arugula) and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve proudly!!