DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add oats, flour and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms, stir in chips.
3. Shape dough into 1 ¼ inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until set.
4. Immediately press peanut butter cups into center of each cookie. Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Cool completely before storing.