AWSOME TURKEY CHILI
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 4ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3-4 zucchini, halved and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large stock pot on medium high heat. Crumble turkey into pot, breaking it up as much as possible. Add taco seasoning, coriander, oregano, chili flakes, and tomato paste. Mix until evenly coated and continue cooking until turkey is done and well browned.
2. Pour beef broth, and simmer about 5 minutes. Add salsa, tomatoes and green chilies. Reduce heat to medium simmer covered.
3. While chili is simmering, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil, Cook onion, green pepper stirring occasionally until onion is translucent and slightly browned. Add to chili and stir. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
4. In the same skillet add remaining oil, add cubed zucchini and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Add to chili. Continue simmering for 30 minutes.