Cinnamon Nut Chocolate Spirals
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tbsp butter, softened and divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Combine flour and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Dough will be stiff.
2. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper into 12 X 10 inch rectangle. Remove waxed paper from top of rectangle.
3. Combine chocolate chips, walnuts, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Melt remaining 3 Tbsp butter; stir into chocolate chip mixture. (Chips will partially melt) Spread mixture evenly over dough leaving 1/2 inch border on long edges.
4. Using bottom sheet of waxed paper as guide and starting at long side, tightly roll up dough jelly roll style, removing waxed paper as you roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 mins to 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Unwrap dough. Cut log into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake 14 mins or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.