Endive Salad with Creamy Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
Ethan Stowell's New Italian Kitchen
- 8 heads endive (he calls for four, but I think you should double)
- 3 lemons, preferably Meyer
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 fresh egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley leaves picked
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
1. Remove the outer leaves from the endive and trim the stems, leaving enough intact so that the endives hold together. Quarter the endives lengthwise. Soak them in salted water for 10 minutes.
2. Peel strips of zest from one lemon. Wide is fine. Put in a small saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil, then drain. Repeat three times.
3. Juice the lemons. Put the juice, the boiled lemon rind, the water, egg yolk, mustard and salt in a a blender. Pulse. Add both the oils in a slow steady stream. You'll end up with a mayonnaise-like dressing, very soft and pale yellow. Taste for salt.
4. Place endives, nuts, parsley in a bowl and toss with dressing to lightly coat. (You may have dressing left over -- don't overdress.) Top with the radishes. Beautiful! Should serve six.
You'll also love
- Cajun Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetables: Baked Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry-Lemon Pie Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 5 Spice Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese-Filled Endive 0/5 (0 Votes)