CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (4ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast (diced or shredded in food processor)
- 2 cups shredded jacolby cheese
- 10 (12inch) flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup half-n-half
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking dish
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the green onions until tender (about 3-4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, stir in the green chilies, sour cream, cream of chicken soup. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of sauce and set aside. To the remaining ¼ of sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and ½ of the shredded cheese. Stir together.
3. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl combine reserved ¾ of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over rolled tortillas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.