Thai Basil Chicken
My duplication of Keo's Thai Sweet Basil
- 1 lb of ground chicken (1/2 lb. per person)
- 2 Tbsp. oil (peanut, canola or I used grape seed oil)
- 2 Tbsp. Chile oil
- 1/2 C onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- sriracha sauce (to taste, I added a little at a time, probably put in 2 teaspoons and kept tasting)
- 1/4-1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- Soy sauce to taste
- 5 large basil leaves (chopped)
Heat a large skillet or Wok with oils. Let oils get hot and saute your onions and peppers. After about 5 minutes, add your garlic. When garlic starts turning a light brown color, add the ground chicken. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink (you treat it just as you would ground beef). Turn your burner to medium-low heat. Add sriracha sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Stir frequently. Add basil and let simmer for a few minutes. If it is not as spicy as you would like, add more sriracha sauce.
Best served over a bed of rice!