- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bar (3 oz) coffee-flavored chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1-2 Tbsp half and half
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. For cookies, beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until blended, scraping down side of bowl once. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate.
3. Drop dough by Tbsp 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 mins or until set and lightly browned. Cool 5 mins on cookie sheets. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
4. For glaze, mix coffee, 1 Tbsp half and half and salt in microwaveable bowl. Microwave at high 15 seconds or until coffee dissolves. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. If necessary, stir in remaining half and half by tsp until desired glaze consistency is reached. Drizzle glaze over cookies. Let stand 30 mins or until set.