Sour Cream Coffeecake with Chocolate and Walnuts
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl; add to butter mixture on low speed alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Spoon into prepared pan.
2. Bake 45 to 50 mins until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 mins. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.